Registration of the Higher Education Institution
European Student Card provides an exchange platform to store and deliver students’ data.
It works following this procedure:
1) The local University registers its own Higher Education Institution (HEI) in the exchange platform and then joins the European Student Card process;
2) The institution registers its students, who are informed about the registration;
3) The students have to confirm the registration in the exchange platform, at any HEI.
Data are stored just in home institution, not in the international platform; both HEIs and students can unregister at any time, afterwhile all data are removed.
4) Once registered, students receive the card from the reference institution, as well as an email to confirm the record and control which kind of data they what to share;
5) The electronic coupon embedded in the card allows students to benefit from several services whenever they go. Just by checking in with the card, through the available terminals, students’ data are retrived and trasmitted to and from the exchange platform.
All data transfers are protected by end-to-end encryption protocols, in order to avoid the exploitation of personal informations (details will be provided).