European Student Card Conference 2018
The European Student Card conference on 5th of June 2018 in Paris aims to discuss the results of the European Student Card (ESC) project.
The conference presents the vision and practical implementation aspects of a European student ID card, granting access to services such as library access, e-payment systems or transfer of student credit points.
The conference will focus on disseminating the results of the Strategic partnership project and the perspectives of generalization of the European Student card, as well as the development of services linked to the card and the recognition of an electronic identity of the students.
The European student card follow-up project “ESC 2.0” will also be presented. It is a project of generalization of the student card as well as the development of more services, especially digital services, available for mobility. The conference is an excellent opportunity to join the network and build partnerships with different stakeholders : Eunis new task force “student card and student mobility”, the European Student Card project partners, Erasmus-without-paper, Emrex, and other services for student mobility, and also partners working on the management of student e-ID in Europe.
The key points on the agenda are:
- Key notes by EU and HEI representatives
- Presentation of the ESC project results 2016-2018
- Experiences and challenges in the implementation on different campuses (Eucor – the European campus, Campus Card Berlin, EduCatt Milano, University College Cork, University of Burgundy – Franche Comté)
- ESC results of different working groups : payment systems, libraries, transfer of student credit points
- New services to be deployed such as student records from Emrex, OLA, Egracons
- New partnerships with stakeholders/providers of services such as regions, cities, local authorities : public transports, sports, health, culture, etc…
- Perspectives of generalization in Europe and development of services: is a single desk or online portal possible that would offer all services for mobility and that is available for Higher Education Institutions and for students – using a common system of authentication?
The conference is particularly interesting for people in leadership positions in universities and institutions of higher education, as well as in student services, who are interested in the future development of digital services for student mobility.
The conference venue is the Jussieu Campus of the University Pierre & Marie Curie in the heart of Paris.
Register for the ESC conference here!
Registration for the European Student Card conference 2018 is free of charge, but participants must cover their own travel and accomodation costs.
The European Student Card conference is organized immediately before the EUNIS Congress 2018 – the European network for university information systems, gathering hundreds of IT experts from HEIs across Europe. If you are interested in also attending the EUNIS Congress on June 6-8, please make a seperate registration via the EUNIS website.